To support and represent a network of Canadian Movement Disorder health care professionals and scientists across Canada to foster collaboration, knowledge exchange, education, advocacy and research and to collaborate with the international community of movement disorders science and clinical practice.
- To provide a platform for networking, mentorship and knowledge exchange for movement disorders clinicians and scientists in Canada.
- To facilitate collaborative research into the causes and treatment of movement disorders.
- To provide education to health care professionals during and after their training programs about movement disorders, their diagnosis and management and to support and inform about educational opportunities by our members such as opportunities for fellowship training.
- To provide educational materials for patients, care partners, the general public, and the media about movement disorders and their treatment.
- To address clinical care issues pertinent to Canada, (e.g. standard of care, waitlists, drug shortages, newly licensed drugs in Canada, challenging case discussions etc.) and to advocate for our patients and the importance of movement disorders science and medicine in Canada.
- To collaborate with the national and international movement disorder and neurology community, including as an affiliate member of the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society.